If your garage door is no longer working or is making unusual noises, especially if it is original with your house, you may be concerned that it is time to replace it. Before you get ahead of yourself, here are some of the most common signs that a garage door may be reaching its limit:
1. Sagging, cracked or rotted wood: This is one of the most common reasons that homeowners find that they need to replace their garage door. When the wood is damaged it is difficult to replace it without replacing the full door.
2. Damaged door: If your garage door has sustained recent damage it may be time to replace it. A vehicle hitting a garage door happens much more often than you might think!
3. Old age: Generally, your garage door can be expected to last about thirty years. If your garage door is that age (or older) you may want to think about replacing it rather than investing money in repairs.
4. Noises: If your garage door is making loud noises that are new (grinding, vibration, etc.) then you should have it evaluated for a repair or replacement. The team at Rise & Shine Garage Doors can help you make the best decision given your circumstances.
5. Improve overall curb appeal: If you are considering an exterior home makeover, whether that include new paint, a roof or exterior siding, you may want to also upgrade your garage door. This can add an entirely new and polished look to your home without breaking the bank.
Residential Garage Door Repair Or Replacement in MN
Rise & Shine Garage Doors specializes in garage door repair and replacement for those living in the Twin Cities Metro area. We understand how important your garage door is to your daily life and can help you make the decision about whether a repair or replacement makes the most sense for you. We will not pressure you to replace your garage door unless it is truly needed. We can repair your battery, check your sensors and wires, and repair or replace your springs, cables, wire rope, rollers or your garage door opening system. If you do decide for a garage door replacement, we can complete this in the very same day so that the inconvenience is minimized. We offer free estimates for all of our work, so if you have a question about your garage door or would like to speak with a member of our team, call us today at 612-886-9606.